Since 1999, ISHA published a yearly academic journal called Carnival. Its available both online and in print in many university libraries. The journal is a rare opportunity for students to share their ideas and the results of their research. Publishing in Carnival is open to all students of history and related sciences – not only ISHA members!
CARNIVAL is a double blind peer-reviewed academic journal directed by a committee of international graduate students and early career researchers affiliated with the International Students of History Association. In addition to showcasing the work of students of the historical sciences at all academic stages, CARNIVAL provides a unique platform from which emerging scholars are able to develop their skills as writers, editors and reviewers; they also familiarize themselves with the processes integral to academic publishing. The journal is published open access online and will now be expanded with a Conference Proceedings issue.
Since 1999, ISHA published a yearly academic journal called Carnival. It’s available both online and in print in many university libraries. The journal is a rare opportunity for students to share their ideas and the results of their research. Publishing in Carnival is open to all students of history and related sciences – not only ISHA members!
In 2021, an additional publication series was announced: Carnival – Conference Proceedings. The new format will run parallel to the CARNIVAL journal and aims to collect and share excellent research carried out in the context of preparation for and participation in ISHA seminars. As these seminars and the exchange of historical research results are at the core of ISHA’s academic activities, we want to motivate attendees to enhance and valorise their research and participation through academic output. The call for papers will be launched annually and welcomes publications related to seminars of the previous year.
Interested in getting to know Carnival better, or to contribute?
- Overview of the current and previous Call for Papers
- Get to know the Editorial Board, a group of enthusiast early career researchers and students. The Editorial Board is assembled based on experience, affinity with the peer-review and publication process and intrinsic motivation.
- Consult the latest publication CARNIVAL Vol. XXII
- Discover all the previous publications in our online archive
- Read more about our referencing and submission guidelines
- Read more about the ISHA guidelines concerning research integrity and ethics, as stipulated in the Code of Conduct. All individuals submitting an article agree to have read and understood these principles, and by submitting their academic work to Carnival, agree to adhere to them.
- For more information, spontaneous submission or candidacies to become part of the Editorial Board, please contact the Editor in Chief on firstname.lastname@example.org.